Sunday 27 December 2015

Brigadeiro


Or Brazilian-Style Truffle. 
Well, I've never really talked about it here on the blog, but I come originally from Brazil and as every true Brazilian, my favorite sweet is Brigadeiro. 
Brigadeiro is a very much loved national dessert and you might have heard of it during the World Cup last year. You might also have become aware that a very famous British chef wasn't at all impressed by them. 
Obviously every Brazilian was deeply offended by his opinion and I can't deny I wasn't I bit hurt myself but I've come to terms with it...After all, I'm not all that fascinated by British desserts either. At the end of the day, our taste in food is deeply influenced by the culture we live / lived in. 
Anyway, I guess the best way to describe these chocolate balls of deliciousness is the marriage of dulce de leche and chocolate, cause that's pretty much all it is.... a match made in haven!  ;)

Yield: 20 Brigadeiros 
Preparation time: 1 hr
Level: Easy Peasy

Ingredients. 
  • 1 Can of condensed milk (400g)
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1 tbsp unsalted Butter
  • Chocolate Sprinkles
  • 1 tsp of Butter 
  • Bonbon Cups
In a small saucepan, add condensed milk, cocoa powder and the tbsp of butter. Bring it all to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and becomes detached from the pan when you tip it (about 15 minutes). 
Pour mixture into a plate and allow it to cool. Rub your hands with butter, scoop one teaspoon of the cooled Brigadeiro to your hands and roll it into a ball (truffle size balls). Sprinkle them with the chocolate streusel and place them on Bonbon cups. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment